Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I only post my very favorite recipes here and this is definately one of them. It's called a cake but actually I cut it into bars. I got this from a local news program cooking segment called Cooking with Angie years ago and have made it over and over. Really rich and creamy!
- 1 (16 ounce) package poundcake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat cake mix, butter and 2 eggs at medium speed until smooth and pour into greased 13X9 pan.
- Beat remaining 2 eggs, cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar at medium speed until smooth. Pour over cake batter.
- Sprinkle evenly with pecans and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until knife blade in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely then sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup powedered sugar. (In my variation of this I leave off this powdered sugar and melt some of the milk chocolate chips in a small platic storage bag with a bit of shortening in the microwave, mash to mix then cut corner off and drizzle over the top of the cake after i have it cut into squares.).
Very ooey gooey, chocolatey. Made for Eggs, Dairy tag