Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe from Cosmogirl! Mag taken from the Food Network's Gale Gand.
Make and share this Chocolate Chip-Espresso Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- In a small, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a pot. Lower to a simmer. Put a glass bowl over the pot; melt 1 3/4 cups of the chocolate chips and all of the butter in it, stirring constantly until it melts.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in the espresso, then mix in the chocolate mixture. Let it cool.
- Stir in the flour mixture and the remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Put bowl in the fridge for 15-30 minutes to the the dough firm up.
- Make tablespoon-sized dough balls. Put on cookie sheet and freeze overnight. If a cookie sheet won't fit in your freezer, you can use a plate.
- To bake, preheat oven to 375ºF. Completely grease a NEW cookie sheet. Don't thaw the dough. Arrange dough balls 2 inches apart on the pan.
- Bake 7-10 minutes, checking to see if they're done by sticking a toothpick inches If it comes out close to clean, they're ready! If it comes out wet with batter, continue to bake cookies until done. Enjoy!
- Note: Baking cookies straighht from the freezer will make them chewier on the inside and crispier on the top!