Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is in request for recipes with Corn Flakes. This recipe is from a recipe book from Kelloggs. I have not made these but the picture of them looks good.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups corn flakes, crushed to equal 2 1/2 cups,divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix tog flour, soda and salt and set aside.
- Beat tog margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Add flour mixture, mixing until combined.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups crushed cereal and chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoon measures into remaining crushed cereal to lightly coat, then place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degF for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove immediately from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
- Baking time is per cookie sheet.
I used margarine -- but I think there might be a bit too much, because the cookies wound up a little greasy, and they were hard to handle. I ended up rolling them into a ball before rolling them in the crushed corn flakes, which worked out better than just dropping them in. I think I made mine much bigger than they were "supposed" to be, because I only wound up with 23 cookies. These WILL SPREAD, so leave space for that on the cookie sheets!! I didn't leave much, and a lot of them wound up stuck together. The flavor was a little bland -- it could have used more chocolate chips and less corn flakes. Thanks for posting. Made for My-3-Chefs, November 2008.