Recipe by Jeannie McCurdy
This chocolate chip cookie recipe came directly from my grandma, who always cooks from scratch! It's easy and everyone that has had them has asked for more!
Top Review by jckamen
This was very easy and quite good! I did think the batter was a bit bland -- perhaps it is because I enjoy a more buttery cookie. Next time I'll do 1/2 butter and 1/2 shortening. Also - I wasn't sure what size bag of chocolate chips to use. I ended up using about 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips and it was perfect. Thanks for this recipie!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (can be left out)
- 1 egg, well beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening then add white sugar, brown sugar and egg.
- Dissolve baking soda in one tablespoons of HOT water and then add.
- Add flour, salt, vanilla and mix well.
- Add nuts and chocolate.
- chips and mix again.
- Drop teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 10 minutes.