Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Low-fat chocolate chip cookies
- 2 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon low-fat butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 5 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Lightly spray 2 flat cookie trays.
- Cream the butter and gradually add in the brown sugar.
- Beat well and then add the vanilla essence.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until fluffy, gradually add the artificial sweetener and the corn syrup.
- Add the egg white mixture to the creamed butter and mix well.
- Gradually stir in sifted flour, baking powder and soda until combined then fold in the choc chips.
- Drop teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets and bake for around 10 minutes until golden brown.