Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk dry ingredients; set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
- To cream increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour mixture is visible.
- Now add the chocolate chips and the chopped walnuts.
- Fill cookie scoop with dough.
- (Us a #40 cookie scoop; it measures 2 tablespoons of dough) press against side of bowl pulling up to level dough.
- Drop 2-inches apart onto baking sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake 11-13 minutes (on center rack).
- Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.