Recipe by Cooking up the good stuff
The best way to make homemade cookies. tip- recipes always tell you to bake your cookies eight-to ten minutes or something like that. Never bake them for more then eight minutes.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl beat shortening and/or butter on medium to high for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda, and salt;beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in flour.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake cookies no more than eight minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.