Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A soft, cakey, tasty chocolate chip cookie from the book The Greatest Cookies Ever.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla; blend well.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients; mix well.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.