Recipe by crazycookinmama
This recipe comes from "Mom's Best Desserts" 100 classic treats that taste as good now as they did then. From 2002. They are super delicioius. Yummy.
Top Review by mrprezham08
These cookies were very good.Tthey tasted delicious. But the down side was that even with a greased cookie sheet the cookies were stuck. But very good overall, definetly worth a try!!
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- Sift together the flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown and granulated sugars. Beat in the eggs. Combine the baking soda and hot water and add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the flour mixture. Then stir in the chocolate chips, nuts, and vanilla.
- Drop the dough by the teaspoon onto the baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the cookies are golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.