Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (slightly crushed)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream the butter with the sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or 10-12 minutes for a crispier cookie.
Very nice easy to make and very tasty. Thanks for posting Made for World Tour 8
At first when I was making the dough I thought the dough was too crumbly and wouldn't hold it's shape in the oven. I had trouble making them into their small shapes. But after 8 minutes in the oven they turned out so delicious! Soft and chewy they were, and anyone who has read my other cookie reviews know that this is the way I love them.
I choose these chocolate chips cookies because they sounded different, they are a nice change, love the hint of coffee. Big hit with DH. I used regular butter because that was what I had, just left out the salt. Had to come back and add that I made smaller cookies and got 31 cookies. I will make them again for DH, thanks for sharing a good one!! — Dec 20, 2005