1/4 Photos of Chocolate Chip Cookie Baked Oatmeal
Just thought this up one morning and couldn't find any others like it on the site. Still in the tinkering/perfecting process so any suggestions are welcome :) (Thanks to Maito for some wonderful suggestions already!) Also, note that the type of oats you use will change the consistency of the oatmeal... quick oats will yield a cake-like oatmeal, whereas old fashioned oats will be a little more liquidy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 -2 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup skim milk (See note about water or milk combo)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease well an individual sized oven-proof dish/ramekin (at least 12 oz, this will bubble a bit).
- 2In a small bowl, combine first 5 ingredients (oats through chocolate chips, plus nuts if you're using them).
- 3In a separate bowl, combine remaining wet ingredients (milk through vanilla).
- 4Mix together wet and dry ingredients. Pour into baking dish.
- 5Bake 30-40 minutes or until top is crispy and oatmeal is relatively firm (quick-oats will firm up more than old-fashioned). Let cool 5-10 minutes.
- 6NOTE: Alternately, all milk can be used, but this may make the oatmeal a little looser in consistency, since oats absorb water a little better than milk. If you choose to use all milk, quick oats may be a better choice :).
- 7Also, If you want a larger serving size, use 3/4 cup oats and increase water to 1/2 cup.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Cookie Baked Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 819.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 46.6 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute