Recipe by PellCity
This is a recipe that my grown children & grandchildren love and request frequently. My Mother started making this recipe years ago, don't know where she got the recipe. If you like easy desserts, you will really like this one!! Hope you will make and enjoy!
Top Review by ~SarahBeth~
This was more like 4.5 for me! This is so good -- and it is great tohave for guests -- just make it all up the night before and day of you don't have to worry about any desert making. Next time I will mix some amaretto into to the cool whip. Definitely recommend this one! [Made for Bargain Basement]
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 9X13X2 glass dish, put a thin layer of Cool Whip.
- Pour 1 cup milk into a tall 2 cup measuring cup and add 1/4 cup Ameratto, stir to mix. Dip cookies quickly into milk/Ameratto mix, DO NOT soak, just dip quickly or cookies will crumble.
- Layer cookies over the thin layer of Cool Whip, top cookies with more Cool Whip. Make two or three layers ending with Cool Whip.
- Leave as is or sprinkle with shaved chocolate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. It is better if you can refrigerate overnight.
- Chip Ahoy choc. chip cookies are what I use.
- DO NOT use a soft cookie.
- 6 hours prep. time is for chilling.