Recipe by mandabears
This cake is so good. When I left a job, my boss was so upset about me leaving because he wouldn't get this cake anymore. I offered him the recipe, but I am still baking it for him.
Top Review by Buggybears
Super easy and delicious. You can use other pudding mixes than pistachio if you are not a fan. Obviously regular chocolate chips work fine as well. It tastes way better than a normal cake mix and isn't any more work. The batter will be THICK so make sure you get those chips and nuts well folded in! Also make sure you grease the pan well so it unmolds nicely (always a trick with Bundts, no?).
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix, i use duncan hines
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans (optional in my house) (optional)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- confectioners' sugar, to dusting on cake
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan, I use Baker's Joy Spray.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix at medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Fold in semi sweet morsels (and nuts) until well scattered in batter.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cake pulls away from side of pan.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes then remove from pan to a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- No frosting needed!