Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The best chocolate chip mint cookies. Everyone request these at Christmas time when I do all my holiday baking.
- Cream until light and fluffy: margarine, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and mint extract.
- Combine in separate bowl: flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually beat the dry mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in: dark chocolate chips,.
- Chill until firm enough to handle about 1 hour.
- While chilling, chop Andies mints.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes. 1 minute before removing from oven sprinkle the chopped Andies mints over the tops of the cookies (yes this will deflate them but they are so good.
- After you remove them from the oven let them rest for a few minutes on the cookie sheet.
- Remove from cookie sheet and place on racks to cool.