Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
A gluten free cheesecake tart with chocolate. To get gluten-free snickerdoodles, go to Trader Joes for them or I guess make your own somehow. I actually made 1 1/4 cup of cookie-pecan mix (so a bit over 1/2 c each) but ended up with extra crust, but that is better than not enough! When I put the shaved chocolate bar in between the layers, I used Ritter Sport hazelnut milk chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Get a spring-form 8 or 9” pan.
- In food processor blend cookies and pecans until soft crumb texture, add in a little less than 1/3 c melted butter.
- Press into spring-form pan to create a crust; parchment paper can be helpful to prevent sticking. If crust is too oily, blot oil off with paper towel, if too dry, add any left over butter. Also you might not use all the crust mixture, that is ok.
- Use hand mixer (preferably) or food processor to blend the first 4 ingredients/amounts of cream cheese, cinnamon, eggs,vanilla. Pour over crust. It may be liquidy if using food processor, that is ok but may add 5 min cooking time. It will look “thin” and tart-like instead of a tall cake.
- Place in oven and bake 20 min or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean (moist but clan). WHILE COOKING use micro planer or grater to fine-grate the hazelnut-chocolate bar. ALSO WORK ON TOP LAYER (SEE BELOW).
- After 20 min/clean toothpick test, sprinkle chocolate over cake.
- For top layer, hand-mix sour cream, second amount of sugar, vanilla. When middle layer cake is done and chocolate covered, spoon on top the sour cream layer. Place back in oven and cook 5-10 minutes- top layer cannot pass the “toothpick test”, but it should look a little “set” on top.
- Cool overnight in refrigerator.
- Melt chocolate chips and use a whisk to decorate the top of the cake with chocolate “squiggles”. You may use all the chocolate, maybe not- it is to taste. Place back in refrigerator until chocolate hardens, then serve!