1/2 Photos of Chocolate Chai Spice Cupcakes
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe comes from the delicious Cupcake Bakeshop by Chocylit. If you love cupcakes, you need to check out her blog.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Chai Spice Mix
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
Chocolate Chai Spice Cupcakes (use 3 tsp chai mixed spice)
- 200 g bar of valrhona 61% cacao
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
Chai Spice Buttercream Frosting (use 2 tsp chai mixed spice)
- 1With a small food processor, grind up the whole fennel and cloves.
- 2Transfer to a small bowl and add remaining spices. Mix to combine.
- 3Chop chocolate and transfer into the bowl of a standing mixer.
- 4Add butter to the chocolate and place the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until chocolate melts and butter is combined.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Let mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- 6Beat in an electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- 7Add one egg at a time, mixing for 30 seconds between each.
- 8Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, chai spice mix, and a pinch of salt into the mixture and mix until blended.
- 9Scoop into cupcake cups and bake at 350 F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 10Beat butter until creamy, scrape bowl.
- 11Add 4 cups of sifted powdered sugar, milk, spice mix, and ginger. Beat until combined.
- 12Add more powdered sugar as needed to get piping consistency.
- 13Assemble cooled cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chai Spice Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.3
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 113.1 mg
- Sodium 224.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 38.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: