Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
When you get the urge for a chocolate fix without all the work...these cookies will satisfy your cravings. I rarely use boxed mixes...but this is good.CREAMY CARAMEL DRAPED IN CHOCOLATE.......Serve fresh from the oven and discover the gooey caramel centre in these chocolate cookies. Taste of home.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 38 Rolo chocolates
- chopped hazelnuts or macadamia nuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, egg, water and oil. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls. Press a candy into each; reshape balls. Dip tops in chopped hazlenuts or macadamia nuts.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungeased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.