Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe comes from ShugarySweets.com Servings is a guesstimate.
Make and share this Chocolate, Caramel, Coconut Fudge (Aka Samoa Fudge) recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 (11 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 (3 ounce) package coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 2 cups Kraft caramels
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 cup coconut, toasted
- Toast coconut according to package directions. I use sweetened coconut flakes. Set aside to cool.
- Melt caramel bits with 1 tsp heavy cream in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat butter, cream, sugar ans alt on medium high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring contantly. When it begins to boil, set timer for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat. Pour into a mixing bowl and using a stand mixer whisk together the pudding mix, white chocolate and marshmallow fluff until combined (and chocolate is smooth).
- Immediately pour into a parchment paper lined 13x9 baking dish.
- Pour caramel over top of fudge (it will be thick). Use a knife to spread and swirl it into the fudge (don't worry if the top of the fudge looks bumpy).
- Refrigerate fudge for 2-3 hours until set.
- Melt semi sweet morsels. Spread over set fudge and sprinkle generously with toasted coconut. Cut into bites and enjoy. Store in covered container in refrigerator.