Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so easy to make, looks elegant, and tastes delicious!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 3 (1 1/2 ounce) chocolate-covered english toffee bars, coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Bake cake according to package directions for a 9x13 inch pan and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Make slits across the top of the cake, making sure not to go through to the bottom.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping, stirring until smooth and blended.
- Slowly pour over the warm cake, letting it sink into the slits; sprinkle the crushed chocolate toffee bars liberally across the entire cake while still warm.
- Let cake cool in pan completely.
- Top each slice with whipped topping, more chocolate toffee bar chunks, and swirls of carmel topping, if desired.
- Refrigerate and serve right from the pan!
Out of this world flavor and so easy to make. I took this cake to a party and I should have made two cakes as it disappeared immediately!!! Summer Breeze, thank you so much for sharing! :-)