1/1 Photo of Chocolate Candy Cane Pie
4 hrs 10 mins
A simple and easy to make, yet quite elegant. A very rich and decadent Christmas dessert!
My Private Note
Nine in ...
Units: US | Metric
Chocolate Crumb Crust
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (60 wafers or an 8 oz box minus 1/4 c)
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream (Note, when you purchase the cream remember you will need additional cream for the topping.)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1Chocolate Crumb Crust: Combine crumbs, cocoa and sugar in a bowl.
- 2Stir in butter.
- 3Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of a 9" pie pan.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 min.
- 6Chocolate Layer: Bring water to a boil in med mixing bowl.
- 7Remove from heat; immediately add chips, stirring until melted (return to very low heat, stirring constantly, if needed).
- 8Cool to room temperature.
- 9In large mixing bowl (which has been chilled, along with beaters), whip heavy cream with confectioners sugar until stiff; fold into the chocolate mixture.
- 10Spoon into crust; chill.
- 11Peppermint Layer: Break candy canes into chunks; blend until finely crushed (resembles powder).
- 12Combine marshmallows and milk in wok.
- 13Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until marshmallows are melted.
- 14Cool to slightly warm or glops.
- 15Prepare bowl as before, whip heavy cream until stiff; fold in crushed candy.
- 16Stir gently into marshmallow mixture; chill 10 min.
- 17Spoon onto chocolate layer; chill until set.
- 18Freeze, if desired.
- 19Top with Sweetened whipped cream.
- 20Garnish with Peppermint chips or coarsely crushed candy canes just before serving.
- 21May be served chilled or frozen.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Candy Cane Pie
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.8
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.2 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.4 mg
- Sodium 271.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: