Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Sweet, Sweet, Sweet!!!!
Make and share this Chocolate Butterscotch Ripple Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (300 g) package butterscotch chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat butterscotch chips, sweetened condensed milk and 2 tablespoons butter to gether over low heat, stirring constantly until smoothly melted.
- Set aside.
- Mix brown sugar, eggs, melted butter and vanilla together until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Mix well, spread half of dough into greased 13 x9 cake pan.
- Spread butterscotch mixture evenly over dough.
- Dot spoonfuls of remaining dough on top.
- Spread lightly with a knife to cover filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely, cut into squares.
- (Any nuts work fine. Pecans, hazelnuts and almonds are also favourites. Try Reese peanut butter chips and add peanuts as well).