Recipe by PrincessMommy
A very simple recipe for a simple chocolate snack cake. My kids (and I!) love these straight out of the fridge with a cold glass of milk! Edited to add-some reviewers have found these dry--I'm not sure if keeping them in the fridge keeps them moist, but that may be the trick as I've never had that problem (mine always stay in the fridge).
Top Review by AggieMom
Very sorry to say, but we all thought these were just terrible. Dry, dense and probably could have used a couple of eggs in the batter. Will not make again. We even tried making them twice, just to make sure. Thumbs down both times. Followed the recipe exactly. Looked good, but...no thanks.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8-inch baking pan.
- Combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla until just combined.
- Scrape into prepared pan and bake for approx 35 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan for about 10 minutes and then invert onto wire rack (turn right side up) for it to cool completely.
- Cut into large squares and wrap tightly in plastic wrap (or tightly sealed container).
- Store in refrigerator.