Recipe by Marie
Have not tried this yet, but wanted to save it here because it looks fabulous! A loaf of brownies - sounds as good as it gets. Recipe found on the internet.
Top Review by echo echo
I made this for my BIL. I personally do not like chocolate, but reportedly it was quite good. It is basically a cake-style brownie batter baked up in a cake pan (9 x 5 x 3") instead of a regular 8 x 8 pan, and the cooking time has been adjusted accordingly.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease and flour a 9x5" loaf pan.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large bowl on high for 2 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add sugars and mix well.
- Blend in eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and add to batter.
- Mix well and stir in walnuts.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing.