Recipe by Juenessa
Yummy and easy! Tastes a lot like chocolate-covered toffee.
Top Review by Roxanne J.R.
I made this countless times over the Christmas season. Who knew something this quick and easy to make could be so good?! I did use graham crackers for my base though. The toffee mixture cooked up perfectly in the microwave. As long as you follow the instructions, there's no way you can go wrong with this one. But I did find I had to almost double the toffee mixture and initially some of it did seep under my graham crackers but it did not make the crackers soggy or anything bad. Very good, very delicious. I sprinkled with Christmas sprinkles to be festive and I bet it could be decorated accordingly for other occasions too. Thanks for sharing!
- 35 unsalted saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover cookie sheet with foil.
- Spray foil with cooking oil spray.
- Place crackers on foil in 5 x 7 inch rows.
- Microwave butter on high for 2 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and stir.
- Microwave on high for 2 more minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Pour over crackers.
- Bake 10-15 minutes (should bubble but not burn).
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over hot crackers.
- Spread after 2 minutes (chips have softened).
- Sprinkle nuts on top.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Break into pieces.
- Can be frozen.
- **Cook time doesn't include refrigeration time of 1 hour.