1 hr 30 mins
Although I realize that with the holidays over, calories aren't the most favorite topic, but I made this delicious, decadent bread pudding recently, and want so much to share it with you.It's is from the Feb. '06 issue of Cuisine magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz.)
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 cups whole milk or 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
pour the egg mixture over
- 13 slices Texas toast thick bread, which has first been (thick egg bread)
White chocolate cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350*, coat a 9" springform pan with 1 tablespoons softened unsalted butter.
- 2Melt chocolate chips with the sugar and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir frequently until chips are smooth, about 8 minutes.
- 3Whisk milk, eggs,vanilla, espresso, and salt together and pour over *staled bread cubes. Toss well so the bread absorbs most of the liquid and begins to lose it's shape.
- 4Fold the melted chocolate into the bread mixture, then transfer to the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until the center springs back when gently pressed. Cool on a rack for 15 min., remove the sides of the pan and slice.
- 5Serve with topping:.
- 6Melt the chocolate with the cream and sugar in a saucepan over low heat until smooth, stirring constantly, about 8 minute.
- 7Combine amaretto and cornstarch to make a slurry, then stir it into the chocolate mixture. Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil for 1 minute, or until thickened slightly. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature.
- 8To serve, spoon sauce over wedges of warm bread pudding and garnish with raspberries.
- 9*To stale your bread, lay the slices out on cookie sheets, turning every half hour until they begin to feel dry. Then cut them into 1" cubes,.
- 10It is a very rich recipe, and I don't know how many servings you will get out of yours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bread Pudding With White Chocolate Amaretto Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.8
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 116.0 mg
- Sodium 468.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 52.4 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: