1 hr 30 mins
Although I realize that with the holidays over, calories aren't the most favorite topic, but I made this delicious, decadent bread pudding recently, and want so much to share it with you.It's is from the Feb. '06 issue of Cuisine magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz.)
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 cups whole milk or 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
pour the egg mixture over
- 13 slices Texas toast thick bread, which has first been (thick egg bread)
White chocolate cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350*, coat a 9" springform pan with 1 tablespoons softened unsalted butter.
- 2Melt chocolate chips with the sugar and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir frequently until chips are smooth, about 8 minutes.
- 3Whisk milk, eggs,vanilla, espresso, and salt together and pour over *staled bread cubes. Toss well so the bread absorbs most of the liquid and begins to lose it's shape.
- 4Fold the melted chocolate into the bread mixture, then transfer to the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until the center springs back when gently pressed. Cool on a rack for 15 min., remove the sides of the pan and slice.
- 5Serve with topping:.
- 6Melt the chocolate with the cream and sugar in a saucepan over low heat until smooth, stirring constantly, about 8 minute.
- 7Combine amaretto and cornstarch to make a slurry, then stir it into the chocolate mixture. Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil for 1 minute, or until thickened slightly. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature.
- 8To serve, spoon sauce over wedges of warm bread pudding and garnish with raspberries.
- 9*To stale your bread, lay the slices out on cookie sheets, turning every half hour until they begin to feel dry. Then cut them into 1" cubes,.
- 10It is a very rich recipe, and I don't know how many servings you will get out of yours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bread Pudding With White Chocolate Amaretto Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.8
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 116.0 mg
- Sodium 468.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 52.4 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: