Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a craft recipe for fake blood. Got a Halloween costume, school play, haunted house, or you feel like leaving work early and you need some fake blood that looks realistic and doesn't taste half-bad? Here it is...
- Mix cocoa powder into the water before adding the other ingredients.
- After adding the rest, blend well, then wait for it to settle a bit.
- Either skim the bubbles and chocolate scum off the top with the edge of a facial tissue, or pour the mixture into another container.
- The longer it sits, the more the cocoa tends to settle to the bottom, which oddly mimicks the effect of real blood separating.
- If you splatter this mixture onto cloth, it makes neat two-part marks which dry into pretty convincing bloodstains.
- If you let it run from a victim's mouth and then let it dry, the blood darkens and cakes to the skin in much the same way real blood does.
This was pretty good. My sister and I made this for a Halloween party last night and ours looked very brown. We had to add a lot more red food coloring to make it look right, but once we got there, it worked out great. I covered a whole wall with butcher paper and we had a splatter-fest! If you need to amp up the gore factor, I recommend adding a few spoonfuls of cranberry sauce to the mix.
I had so much fun with this on the weekend with three 12 y.o boys and a 10 y.o boy. It's so realistic I told them to stay away from the road as people may think I'd done some damage to them LOL. Excellent recipe and will be definately used again. Thanks for posting.
This was really good fun to prepare and it does look so much like real blood. I made it dry on the side of my mouth and some accidentally fell on a cloth. When it dried up, it looked like blood! This is a very neat recipe. Thanks alot for sharing, EdsGirlAngie! UPDATE: I put this in an airtight container and refrigerated it overnight. Today, after 1 whole day has passed, I checked the consistency of this. It was really thick and even tasted so sinfully delcious! I had fun pouring this chocolate blood on a banana and feeding it to a little 7 year old girl. She said it was yummy!:)