Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is from Small Cakes and Cookies cookbook. Wonderful book with all chocolate recipes in it.
- 2 cups sifted self rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Place flour in a bowl and add the butter cut into small pieces, Rub the butter into the flour with fingertips until the mixture looks like fine bread crumbs.
- Stir in the superfine sugar and chocolate chips.
- Mix in enough milk to form a soft dough. You may not have to use all the milk.
- On a floured surface roll the dough to form a rectangle 4x6 inches and 1 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 9 squares.
- Place on cookie sheet spacing them well apart.
- Brush with a little milk and bake in a preheated 425°F oven for 10-12 minutes, until biscuits are risen and golden.
- Let cool slightly and serve warm with a bit of whipped cream or a hazelnut spread.