Chocolate Crispy Biscuits
Adapted from an Australian Table magazine - very easy for kids to make and very moorish to eat.
- Ready In:
- 125 g butter or 125 g margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rice bubbles or 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together till pale and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat till smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir till well combined.
- Place heaped tablespoons of mixture on trays.
- Allow room for spreading.
- Bake 15 - 17 minutes, then cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I reduced the choc chips to 3/4 cup and still got 26 cookies of good size. They are really yummy and easy to do, I find them a tad sweet and will reduce the sugar next time, although the kids may talk me out of it. On second thought it is not all that bad to have cookies around that you can oly eat one of at a time......UPDATE (two days later) ok - I was wrong, I have had 6 kids through the house and have asked them all if they found the cookies too sweet and they all looked at me as if I was insane. So - if you are making these for kids I would stick the sugar as per the recipe, I know I will, and all kids LOVE them