- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Generously grease 12 muffin cups or line them with paper cups.
- Measure flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir with a fork until well mixed. In a medium-size bowl, whisk egg with milk, melted butter and vanilla. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add milk mixture and stir just until combined. Do not overmix. Gently fold in berries, taking care not to break them up.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake in center of preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in tins on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from tins and continue to cool on rack. Serve warm, or cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.