Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very good! I made these with blueberries and can't wait to try with raspberries. From Chatelaine magazine.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F Generously grease 12 muffin cups or line them with paper cups.
- Measure flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir with a fork until well mixed. In a medium-size bowl, whisk egg with milk, melted butter and vanilla. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add milk mixture and stir just until combined. Do not overmix. Gently fold in berries, taking care not to break them up.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake in center of preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in tins on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from tins and continue to cool on rack. Serve warm, or cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe very easy to follow and muffins were delicious! Used frozen mixed berries but defrosted them first
I thought these were great. I had seen another recipe exactly like this that had sour cream and chocolate chips added. But I didn't have any sourcream, so I chose this recipe. It was delicious, I did add 1/2 cup chocolate chips, which was a great addition. The sourcream didn't seem to be missed!