Saw this on the Food Network. Looked simple to prepare and wanted to post this for safe-keeping. Use two 6 oz ramekins for two servings, if you're fortunate enough to find heart shaped ramekins, that makes for a beautiful presentation!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a food processor pulse vanilla wafers until reduced to crumbs. Continuing to pulse, add 1 teaspoon of the sugar and salt, then slowly drizzle in butter until completely combined.
- 3Divide mixture in half and pour into ramekins. Using the bottom of a small glass, press the crumbs into the ramekins to make a crust on the bottom. The crust should be about 1/4-inch thick.
- 4In a medium bowl combine banana, brown sugar, peanuts and chocolate chips. Divide this mixture in half and place in the bottom of each ramekin.
- 5In the same bowl, whisk together yolks, heavy cream, vanilla, zest and remaining 1 teaspoon of sugar until sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly into both ramekins and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Banana Nut Custards
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 843.3
- Calories from Fat 483
- Total Fat 53.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 285.4 mg
- Sodium 451.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 10.6 g