Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A very moist buttery loaf bread. Can also be baked in mini loaf pans.
Top Review by kittycatmom
This bread is delicious! I made this to take to a bake sale, and made mini-loaves instead of one large loaf so I could keep one to try! Just wonderful!!! Thank you for yet another wonderful recipe Kittencal! Made for My 3 Chefs 08
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutions!)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 medium bananas, mashed with a fork
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl blend the butter, cream cheese and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add in the bananas, egg and sour cream; mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the flour mixture to the creamed mixture; stir with a wooden spoon until JUST combined (don't overmix!).
- Stir in the chocolate chips; mix to combine.
- Pour into a prepared baking loaf pan.
- Bake for 1-1/4 hours, or until done.
- ***NOTE*** If you find the top is browning too much then cover lightly with foil.