1/1 Photo of Chocolate-Banana Bread Puddings
I found this recipe in the Everyday with Rachel Ray magazine. I have yet to try it but it sounds good. If you want to lighten it up, you may be able to substitute wheat bread for white, skim milk for whole, and dark chocolate for milk chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350. Line 12 muffin tins with paper or foil liners.
- 2In a nonstick skillet, melt the butter with the brown sugar over moderately high heat. Add the banana slices and cook, turning once, until caramelized, about 3 minutes. The bananas shold be softened and sticky. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- 4Stack the toasted bread, slice off the crusts and cut the bread into 4 triangles.
- 5Add the bread to the custard and let soack unti the custard is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cooled caramelized bananas and the chocolate.
- 6Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin cups (they'll be full). Bake the puddings until puffy and golden, about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Banana Bread Puddings
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.0
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 44.0 mg
- Sodium 182.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g