Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in the Everyday with Rachel Ray magazine. I have yet to try it but it sounds good. If you want to lighten it up, you may be able to substitute wheat bread for white, skim milk for whole, and dark chocolate for milk chocolate.
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 bananas, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 10 slices white bread, lighlty toasted
- 9 1⁄3 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, broken into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line 12 muffin tins with paper or foil liners.
- In a nonstick skillet, melt the butter with the brown sugar over moderately high heat. Add the banana slices and cook, turning once, until caramelized, about 3 minutes. The bananas shold be softened and sticky. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stack the toasted bread, slice off the crusts and cut the bread into 4 triangles.
- Add the bread to the custard and let soack unti the custard is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cooled caramelized bananas and the chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin cups (they'll be full). Bake the puddings until puffy and golden, about 25 minutes.
This was REALLY good! Perfect end to dinner. Thanks for sharing.