Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband is addicted to dried apricots and I am addicted to chocolate. So, this recipe makes both of us happy!
- 3 slices firm white bread
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375^F.
- Butter 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Spread the soften butter on one side of each slice of bread and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Melt the chocolate in milk in a small saucepan over moderate heat, whisking until smooth.
- Combine the egg and sugar in a small bowl and add to the hot milk mixture in a steady stream.
- Stir in vanilla, bread, and apricots.
- Transfer to loaf pan and let stand 5 minutes.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Serve warm with ice cream.