Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My husband is addicted to dried apricots and I am addicted to chocolate. So, this recipe makes both of us happy!
- Preheat oven to 375^F.
- Butter 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Spread the soften butter on one side of each slice of bread and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Melt the chocolate in milk in a small saucepan over moderate heat, whisking until smooth.
- Combine the egg and sugar in a small bowl and add to the hot milk mixture in a steady stream.
- Stir in vanilla, bread, and apricots.
- Transfer to loaf pan and let stand 5 minutes.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Serve warm with ice cream.