Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Hershey. Nice light chocolatey taste. Perfect with a nice cup of coffee - these muffins are moist and not too sweet.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- Stir together flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; stir in yogurt, milk and vanilla just until combined. Do not beat. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. Remove from pans. Sprinkle powdered sugar over tops of muffins, if desired. Serve warm.
- Store, covered, at room temperature or freeze in airtight container for longer storage.
Try making quantities for 8 and baking in a loaf tin.Slice into 8 slices. Serve with yoghurt and fruit. Great WW dessert for 1 1/2pts
this was definitely a good recipe! i made a few changes. i only added 1/2 cup of sugar and i added some mini choco. chips. next time i may even add less sugar. my only complaint was that the muffins stuck TERRIBLY to the paper liners. i recomend not using liners at all and greasing your miffin tins really well. over all very easy and a nice lowfat/calorie snack!
I love the recipe! I know why, I already had it in my recipe book! I halved this recipe and it made 6 nice sized muffins. The only change I made was it called for 3/8 c. sugar and I reduced that down to 1/3 c. Great muffin with no oil, butter or eggs and a light chocolate taste. I think it would be good with some mini chocolate chips in it or even some nuts. Great recipe!