Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great sour cream chocolate cake that has been around our neighborhood for years and years. I make mine in a tube pan.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (or you can use vanilla if you prefer)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt until well blended.
- Add the softened butter, sour cream, eggs and extract and blend for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.