Recipe by Kat's Mom
The moment I saw the name of these cookies in my new "Chocolate Mousse and Other Fabulous Chocolate Creations" cookbook I had to laugh. My kids are snickerdoodle fanatics and what better way to improve them?
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gradually add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt until well mixed.
- Stir in mini-chips and set aside.
- In a small bowl. mix the topping sugar and cinnamon together.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in coating mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets; flatten with a fork (use a rocking motion).
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Place on wire racks to cool.