1/1 Photo of (Chive) Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
1 hr 20 mins
Toronto Gal's Note:
Recipe comes from the December 2005 edition of Canadian Living Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and cut in half crosswise.
- 2In a large pot of boiling salted water, cover and cook potatoes and garlic until tender, 25-30 minutes.
- 3Drain and return to pot; dry over low heat, shaking pan, about 1 minute.
- 4Press through ricer - you could mash but it will not be as smooth or creamy.
- 5Optional - warm goat cheese, and sour cream in the microwave on low for 2 minutes.
- 6Mix sour cream, goat cheese, butter, salt and pepper into potatoes and stir smooth.
- 7Add chives if using.
- 8Put into a casserole dish or 13x9 baking dish.
- 9If making ahead - up to 2 days - cool and refrigerate.
- 10Cover and bake at 400F for 30 minutes, or microwave on high for 10-12 minutes. If cold add 10 minutes to baking time in the oven.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for (Chive) Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.3
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Sodium 368.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 7.0 g