1/1 Photo of (Chive) Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
1 hr 20 mins
Toronto Gal's Note:
Recipe comes from the December 2005 edition of Canadian Living Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and cut in half crosswise.
- 2In a large pot of boiling salted water, cover and cook potatoes and garlic until tender, 25-30 minutes.
- 3Drain and return to pot; dry over low heat, shaking pan, about 1 minute.
- 4Press through ricer - you could mash but it will not be as smooth or creamy.
- 5Optional - warm goat cheese, and sour cream in the microwave on low for 2 minutes.
- 6Mix sour cream, goat cheese, butter, salt and pepper into potatoes and stir smooth.
- 7Add chives if using.
- 8Put into a casserole dish or 13x9 baking dish.
- 9If making ahead - up to 2 days - cool and refrigerate.
- 10Cover and bake at 400F for 30 minutes, or microwave on high for 10-12 minutes. If cold add 10 minutes to baking time in the oven.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for (Chive) Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.3
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Sodium 368.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 7.0 g