Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe comes from the December 2005 edition of Canadian Living Magazine.
Make and share this (Chive) Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Peel potatoes and cut in half crosswise.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cover and cook potatoes and garlic until tender, 25-30 minutes.
- Drain and return to pot; dry over low heat, shaking pan, about 1 minute.
- Press through ricer - you could mash but it will not be as smooth or creamy.
- Optional - warm goat cheese, and sour cream in the microwave on low for 2 minutes.
- Mix sour cream, goat cheese, butter, salt and pepper into potatoes and stir smooth.
- Add chives if using.
- Put into a casserole dish or 13x9 baking dish.
- If making ahead - up to 2 days - cool and refrigerate.
- Cover and bake at 400F for 30 minutes, or microwave on high for 10-12 minutes. If cold add 10 minutes to baking time in the oven.
What's not to love with these?! Potatoes, garlic, sour cream, goat cheese....really good. These came out really creamy and smooth and everyone loved them. Thanks Toronto Gal for a great keeper. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.