Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Modified from allrecipes.com. I am going to try adding another tablespoon of sugar next time I make this. Also, I use muffin cups and they stuck to them - I had to rip them to get them off of the muffins. I don't know whether greasing a muffin pan might work any better or if that might cause the muffins to tear apart.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat yogurt, plain (I use Greek yogurt)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin pan or insert muffin cups.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. Stir in chives and dill.
- Whisk yogurt, eggs, and melted butter together in a separate bowl; add to the dry ingredients and stir until just blended into a batter.
- Spoon an equal amount of batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing. Serve warm.