Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
It's enjoyed by all at my home. It's very easy to make and I simply love it. Some people carry it along for picnics as well. It can be had at lunch or as a snack as well. I wouldn't mind it even thrice a day:)
- 2 cups raw rice, washed and cooked such that the grains remain separate
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 sprig curry leaf
- 1 large lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, skinned
- 2 dried red chilies
- 1 teaspoon Urad Dal
- 1 teaspoon channa dal
- 1 piece ginger, crushed
- 3 -4 green chilies, slit
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil.
- Add the dals, mustard seeds, curry leaves, cumin seeds, green chillies, red chillies and peanuts.
- When the dals turn slightly brown, add the ginger followed by turmeric powder.
- Fry for about another minute till the mustard seed crackles.
- Now add the grated coconut and lime juice.
- Reduce heat and mix for a minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add this to the cooked rice.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve hot.
- Option- The lime juice can also be mixed with the cooked rice just before serving.
- This gives a great aroma to the rice.