Recipe by Funandsweet623
Also called "Shit on Shingles". We didn't have a lot of money when I was a kid and this was cheep and easy for mom to make! She adds sweet peas so we would get out veggies all in one. And the cheese gives jsut the right amount of salty to go witht he creamy milk!
- 4 cups milk (2% or whole work best)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages dried beef
- 1 (15 ounce) cansweet baby peas (sometimes called petite peas)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 6 slices cheese (any kind, I prefer Velveeta)
- 6 slices toast (can use more, depends on how much sauce you use on each)
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm milk into a 3 qt (or larger) pot over low heat.
- Chop beef into 1/2 inch pieces and add to milk.
- Add can of peas to milk.
- Mix remaining milk and cornstarch (DO NOT ADD YET)
- Warm them until milk starts boiling then add milk and cornstarch mix to thicken.
- Toast Slices of bread and top with a slice of cheese and sauce!