Prep 24 hrs
Cook 8 mins
Seasoning on Chipotle's chicken for their menu items. From chipotlefan.com
- 1 (2 ounce) package dried ancho chiles
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 red onion, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- Soak dry chilies overnight in water, until soft. Remove seeds. Add all ingredients except meat in food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Spread mixture over chicken, or other meats and refrigerate at least one hour, up to 24 hours.
- After marinating, heat grill to about 400 degrees F, or if cooking inside, heat small amount of oil in skillet or grill pan over high.
- heat. Salt meat to taste (optional), and grill lightly, turning only once, until done. 4 minutes per side of chicken.
Ok. Didn't taste like Chipotle's much, though. Thanks,
This was a great chicken dish! It took some time and preparation to make the marinade, but it was really quick to cook on the day we ate it. I broiled 4 chicken breasts. At first, I thought the chicken didn't have much flavor, but once I salted it, it tasted great. I used dried oregano and a small yellow onion. Overall, good dish. Made for PAC Spring 2009.