Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe over on epicurious and modified it to fit my larder. Served 5 of them this weekend at a wedding reception. They were gone in a flash.
- 1 cup frozen berries, thawed (original recipe calls for balckberries, but I used a mix of black, blue, and raspberries)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder (whole chipotle, or dried jalapenos, can be found in the ethnic section of your supermarket and groun)
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) salmon, whole side, skin on, about 3/4 inch thick, pin bones removed (I got some from Costco that were lovely)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Press berries through sieve into medium bowl. Discard seeds (though I added a bit of the seedy pulp for texture).
- Transfer 1/4 cup berry puree to medium bowl.
- Whisk in honey, butter, lime zest and juice for glaze.
- Spray rimmed baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Mix brown sugar, cumin, salt, and chipotle in a bowl.
- Rub flesh side of salmon with spice mixture and place coated side up on baking sheet. Brush with glaze (you may want to reserve some glaze for dipping later though I didn't).
- Bake salmon until just opaque in center, about 20-25 minutes.