Found this recipe over on epicurious and modified it to fit my larder. Served 5 of them this weekend at a wedding reception. They were gone in a flash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup frozen berries, thawed (original recipe calls for balckberries, but I used a mix of black, blue, and raspberries)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder (whole chipotle, or dried jalapenos, can be found in the ethnic section of your supermarket and groun)
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) salmon, whole side, skin on, about 3/4 inch thick, pin bones removed (I got some from Costco that were lovely)
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Press berries through sieve into medium bowl. Discard seeds (though I added a bit of the seedy pulp for texture).
- 3Transfer 1/4 cup berry puree to medium bowl.
- 4Whisk in honey, butter, lime zest and juice for glaze.
- 5Spray rimmed baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- 6Mix brown sugar, cumin, salt, and chipotle in a bowl.
- 7Rub flesh side of salmon with spice mixture and place coated side up on baking sheet. Brush with glaze (you may want to reserve some glaze for dipping later though I didn't).
- 8Bake salmon until just opaque in center, about 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Rubbed Salmon With Berry Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 81.2 mg
- Sodium 703.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 28.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of