Recipe by Josh Gillman
Came up with this recipe as a way to use up some leftover canned Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce. Everyone in my family enjoyed them as well. Try and rate!
- 1 dozen whole egg (Organic)
- 2 -4 whole chipotle chiles in adobo (Canned, Embasa brand work well, find in Latin or Mexican Isle)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives (sliced)
- butter, pan (for frying)
- 1 cup organic fresh spinach (chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese or 1⁄3 cup mexican cheese, etc
- paprika, for flavor
- salt and black pepper, for flavor
- 6 whole wheat tortillas or 6 white tortillas
- salsa, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat frying pan (preferably non-stick) on medium heat.
- Add small amount of butter (1/2 tsp) to heated skillet.
- Chop Whole Chipotle Peppers covered in Adobo sauce into small pieces (Optional:remove seeds if you don't want as much spiciness).
- Add chopped peppers to heated butter and allow to fry for several minutes.
- Slice olives and add to pan.
- Crack all eggs into bowl and use fork to scramble them thoroughly.
- Add scrambled raw eggs to pan.
- Cook all added ingredients turning every minute or so until eggs are partially done, then add all remaining ingredients.
- Allow everything to cook to desired taste and texture, then place in a warm tortilla and enjoy.