Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From fitnessmagazine.com; recipe developed by Melissa Clark. Haven't tried yet.
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (10 ounces each)
- 36.97 ml olive oil
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml honey
- 9.85 ml cider vinegar
- 6.16 ml salt, plus additional to taste
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 pounds)
- chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potatoes in the olive oil and scatter on the bottom of a roasting pan. Roast for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chilies, garlic, honey, vinegar, salt, cumin, and cinnamon to make a paste. Rub the paste evenly over each breast.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the sweet potatoes and roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve garnished with cilantro if desired.
This was delicious! I gave it 5 stars because hubby said it was the best dinner ever. I served it with black beans, avocado, cilantro, lime, sour cream, and quinoa. With those additions, definitely 5 star! It is really spicy but super delicious. One kiddo scarfed it down, but another said it was too spicy. Next time I will probably bake some chicken separate for the kids. Super easy, healthy and delicious recipe. Thanks for sharing!
If you cut this recipe in half you really need to make the FULL amount of sauce because otherwise it will come out bland. Not bad, but it didn't wow me.
What a delicious recipe! I was searching food.com for a chicken recipe. I decided to step out of my comfort zone and look at the "newest" added recipes instead of the "most popular". Wow! The sweet potatoes were pillowy soft inside and perfectly caramelized out. The chicken was tender and juicy with just enough kick. I will make this again. Thank you Sammy Mae for a different twist to plain old boneless chicken breasts.