- 1 cup water
- 4 cups corn
- 1 star anise
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- To a small saucepan set over medium heat, Bring the water, corn, and star anise to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Remove the star anise and drain the corn kernels in a colander. Return the corn to the saucepan.
- Add the butter, chipotle, lemon zest, and salt, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter is melted, for about 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot, sprinkled with the chives.