Recipe by Krista Smith
This recipe was given to me by a knitting exchange partner and I just love it! It's really easy and quite delicious!
Top Review by marshnello
I make this recipe often. It is an old Foster Farms recipe that calls for a whole chicken instead of chicken breast. Everything else is the same and the chicken comes out very flavorful and moist.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove (pressed or minced)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet and brown chicken.
- Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, 1/2 cup water, catsup, sherry (or apple juice), pepper flakes, garlic and onion together.
- Add mixture to chicken and simmer for 35-45 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water and add to sauce to thicken.
- Garnish with seeds and serve.