these stay crisp and last a long time. Need a rosette iron for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the egg well with the milk.
- 2Add dry ingredients until a batter is formed and smooth.
- 3Heat the oil to 360 degrees.
- 4Dip in the rosette iron to heat.
- 5Dip into the batter 3/4 ways up.
- 6Fry until golden.
- 7Push off with a fork.
- 8When cool dust with confectioners powdered icing sugar.
- 9This recipe stays nice and crisp because of the cornstarch.
- 10I have been using this one since 1978, and proved out to be the best for us due to the crispness.
- 11Store in a large tin container.
- 12I always double this amount when making.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Rosettes 1978
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 9.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 26.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.2 g