Prep 35 mins
Cook 7 mins
Tender pieces of pork in a tasty sauce.
Make and share this Chinese Pork With Shallots recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the pork across the grain into 5mm thick slices.
- Place slices between greaseproof paper or plastic wrap and pound lightly to tenderise and flatten.
- Prepare the marinade by combining the marinade ingredients.
- Add the pork and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat.
- Drain the pork and add to the pan.
- Stirfry for 5 minutes.
- Add the shallots, chilli, soy sauce and sherry.
- Cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with rice or noodles and steamed vegetables.
Very good! I cut the recipe in half and used a little more garlic (love garlic) and followed the rest of the recipe. Served along with jasmine rice and stir-fried some broccoli, snow peas and onions. Thank you.
Had this last night for dinner, very moorish and enjoyed by all. We used 400gm of pork fillet and 400gm of skinless chicken breast thinly sliced (did not pound out) and was mouth watering tender. Put each into their own marinade, cooked pork first then chicken. Also used spring onion (scallions) instead of shallots, chinese rice wine instead of sherry wine and one deseeded (rated 10) chilli. Hubby designated as a keeper with strict instructions not to loose. Served with doongara rice and steamed broccoli, carrot and cauliflower - enough for 6 serves.