Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is made with Bok choy. It is a Chinese vegetable with crunchy white stems and dark green leaves. You've seen it in the produce section of the market but perhaps not ever bought any to take home. It's tasty,colorful and crunchy when used in salads.
- 4 cups chopped bok choy
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange section, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives or 2 tablespoons green onions
- 2 teaspoons hot chile sauce with garlic (available in the Asian food section)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Place bok choy, chicken, carrots, orange sections and chives in a large bowl.
- Combine chile garlic sauce, oil, vinegar, soy sauce and ginger in small bowl.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture over chicken mixture.
- Toss gently.
- Serve in chilled salad bowls.
CAREFUL! I think the Greg wrote two tablespoons instead of teaspoons of the hot chile sauce. After following the recipe the first time I was in for quite a surprise of heat and I like fairly spicy food. However, after adding to taste what came out to about 2 teaspoons my fiancee and I found this to be a very enjoyable quick and light meal! The oranges and kick from the dressing were nice compliments and the bok choi was a nice addition! Thanks :)