GREG IN SAN DIEGO's Note:
This salad is made with Bok choy. It is a Chinese vegetable with crunchy white stems and dark green leaves. You've seen it in the produce section of the market but perhaps not ever bought any to take home. It's tasty,colorful and crunchy when used in salads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chopped bok choy
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup mandarin orange section, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives or 2 tablespoons green onions
- 2 teaspoons hot chile sauce with garlic (available in the Asian food section)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil or 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1Place bok choy, chicken, carrots, orange sections and chives in a large bowl.
- 2Combine chile garlic sauce, oil, vinegar, soy sauce and ginger in small bowl.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Pour mixture over chicken mixture.
- 5Toss gently.
- 6Serve in chilled salad bowls.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Orange-Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.6
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 88.3 mg
- Sodium 409.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chile sauce with garlic